East Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

This is for Beattie

Changed my mind - Veronica longifolia 'Romily Purple'

Bamboo, have another look at the original pictures here -

The leaves are much too small and thin to be Veronica. I still stick to Linaria purpurea. Compare the picture above with this one -

They're little toadflax "faces" like baby antirrhinums.

I agree with Linaria - except that the colour of these is much more deep purple, and I've never seen a Linaria that colour, always lavender mauve coloured.

I haven't got a close up photo as I'm not that fond of them, but this is part of my garden last summer. The deep purple spikes to the left of centre are Linaria purpurea.

Oh, okay - quite a nice plant then, much loved by bees?

That's all correct Bamboo, but I made a horrid mistake and allowed it to seed. Allowed ALL of it to seed. And it's growing in almost every unoccupied inch of the garden. And I can't get out there and pull it all out as I've hurt my knee & am on crutches for some time.

In future I'll keep some of it and dead head it very carefully so we don't end up with a vast excess, like we have this year.

Sending you a PM...