Cheshire, United Kingdom Gb

Could anyone please identify this plant?

Many Thanks in advance

Kinda hard to tell from this. Suggests Lavatera to me.

Looks a lot like a Lavatera, but I'm not sure which one.

So as not to confuse you MCC I had answered this on your other photo as Mallow? - same thing. You may swell find it grows quite big and is covered in pretty pink flowers?

Ah thanks so much guys. This guy was tiny just 4 weeks ago and has grown at least 4 times it's size! Really should look at pruning it if it gets much bigger. Can't wait to see the flowers!

If its a mallow it may well get much bigger MCC but if you prune it you could take all the flowers to.

Ok will definitely wait until after flowering then, don't want to ruin it's show. Does anyone know how I would get a cutting? I would love another in my other bed and I've read they only last 3 years!

A soft wood cutting between June and August is best take several so that at least one will take and over winter them.

This may sound daft but do I just take a bit of the stem and plant the cutting in a similar way I do seeds?

Yes take about 4" of new growth without a flower bud if possible,take off the lower leaves and put it in potting compost at once and water.

Many thanks Drc :0)

Good luck. I got rid of mine as they got very big and straggly- some need a lot of space.

Can you grow Peanese in Florida? »