By Reve

Devon, United Kingdom Gb

Hi, my Bay tree has lost a lot of its leaves, and also what is left are turning yellow, Can you suggest what I can do to revive it. Photos attached.
Thanks and Regards R.G.Reeve
My tree is in a pot

Bay_tree Bay_tree_leaves

I repeat, in a pot or in the ground?

Okay, you've told me via PM that it's in a pot - if its been in the same pot for longer than a year or two, it needs repotting into a larger container with fresh compost just as soon as you can do it. I'd feed it with something as well, something like Miracle Gro General Purpose, not something like Tomato food or any product for tubs and pots and baskets. You can remove any dead or dying leaves, keep it well watered and it should put out new growth. If you want to respond to this, you can do so beneath my response by clicking in the box as if you're answering your own question.

Thanks, Ive already repotted it a month or so ago and Ive fed it with miracle grow but it hasn't really improved, do you think it might have been caught by the winter frost.

Yes, but I'm also sure it'll recover - just make sure there's no sign of scale insect on the stems or backs of leaves, there's a lot of that about this year. Keep well watered.

OK Thanks for your support