By Oldwood

West Lothian, United Kingdom Gb

I found this website because I was looking for information on this plant. I want it !! But I want one that does berries in winter and this seems to be a problem - some cultivars do and some don't, and I'm not finding a reliable source of info on which to go for. Any help on this would be appreciated.

On plant Viburnum plicatum var. ?

My reliable source of information is the RHS book. That tells me that you need to look for V. plicatum f. tomentosum, aka. V. tomentosum...and then there are just a few that produce berries.

The best for berries are:

'Pink Beauty' and 'Rowallane'.

I see you are in West Lothian Oldwood. If you can get to New Hopetoun Garden Centre on the A904 SQ to Linlithgow road or Binny Nursery at Ecclesmachen then someone should be able to sort you out. They are both in the phone book and you could phone ahead to see if they have them in stock.

• viburnum 'Mariesii' (Viburnum plicatum (Japanese snowball bush))
  • Snowball tree (Viburnum plicatum (Japanese snowball bush))
  • Viburnum plicatum watanabe (Viburnum plicatum watanabe)
  • Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum 'Mariesii' (Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum 'Mariesii')