By Howee74

Hi everyone. I love Brunnera Macrophylla for its big leaves - can anyone reccommend anything similar for a sunny border?

Have a look at Acanthus, they have large leaves and are more than happy in sunny locations and light soil.
A. spinosa and A. mollis.

But only plant them if you want them because am having a great struggle getting rid of mine! They spread a lot if they are happy. I lost both ways because they spread but didn't flower. But they do have lovely big glossy leaves.

For a similar plant I have Pulmonaria longifolia, but the leaves are no where near as attractive. But there are other varieties of Pulmonaria that would be similar to the Brunnera.

Thanks everyone - i love Acanthus, but i meant something very similar. Doesnt Pulmonaria like a shady spot?

I have it growing in shade, in full sun and in every other position possible :-). I did plant them all in shady spots, but some of the plants creating shade either died, were removed or moved. It seems to have done no harm to any of the varieties I have.

Ok great, thanks