By Dids01

South Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

This tulip grew in my mums garden this year it has 3 seperate red and yellow petals any ideas as to the species, many thanks Diane

283 284

That's just great! I've no idea if it has a name, but it's a keeper, all right. :-)

I've never seen a tulip like that before! I think it's a type of virus that gives some tulips a 'flame' shaped colour change on the petals, but this is just 'Wow' as Drc726 says!

what a lovely flower you have there

I have a very tall striped tulip caused by a virus Libet they can be lovely, but this is the most spectacular/unusual one I have seen.

It might be a virus, but more likely a "sport", that is a mutation. Next year the clump of tulips will contain some red, some yellow, and maybe a few half-and-half blooms. Tulip breeders dance for joy when they see this, since it is a common way of getting new color variations.

Oh wow TB

This is amazing.