The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

United Kingdom Gb

Can you tell me what the curled up maggot like weevils are called found ipost and soil and can the used soil be reused if given some sort of treatment?If so, what?
Also are the small chubby worrm like creatures found in soil and lawns harmful to plants and what are they called?



Hmm, well need to see a picture of these chubby worm like creatures - they could be anything from chafer grub to leatherjacket to vine weevil. If they're vine weevil or chafer grub in spent potting compost, this should not be reused for potting, and any containers you've emptied of it should be washed and sterilised and filled with new, clean potting compost.

22 Apr, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?