By Junie

Essex, United Kingdom Gb

rhubarb advice please - I moved rhubarb last autumn and it has taken really well, in fact it looks as if I can harvest quite a lot of stalks now. Is this a good idea, or should I treat the plant as new (when we are advised not to pick stalks first year)? Hope you've all had a lovely, long day in the garden. Thanks in advance

If you moved it as one plant and didn't split it, it'll be okay to harvest, but if you split the plant, then wait till next year.

thanks Bamboo, I didnt split it so I will harvest the stalks and pass them on to my mum for a lovely crumble - wish you could share it

I grow it myself and make crumble - but to my horror, my new oven seems incapable of producing a decent crumble. I think I made a mistake in choosing a cheap oven... I mean, what use is an oven if you can't even make a good crumble, for heaven's sake.

That's awful,Bamboo - I hope you get round the problem asap!

Well I haven't so far - two different crumbles, one with a brown top but topping not cooked underneath, one with a thinner topping that went like shortbread....