By Dulcie

I have a Hydranger whiich I bought for a pound, no label. It has taken a few years to establish and is a truly beautiful but it has different leaves than other ones, very soft and the underside is sort of velvety do you know what variety it could be?

Hi Dulcie and welcome to GoY a photo of your hydrangea would be a big help to us.

agree with Moongrower-- I had one once with leaves like a large oakleaf shape-- different shaped flowers too

As the others say, a photograph of the leaves and the flowers would be useful for ID purposes.

There is a species of hydrangea with oak leaf shaped leaves. It's called Hydrangea quercifolia (Oak's Latin name is Quercus).

You're right Beattie - but the trouble here is, there are about 11 different varieties of Hydrangea, with sub divisions and cultivars underneath most.