I have a yucca in my garden which was originally a houseplant. It has been growing successfully outside for ten years and is now about 8' in height but after this last severe winter all the leaves are now dropping off. Is there any way in which I can save the tree?

Hi Gardentime ,

It is perhaps still too early to tell if you leave it in position until June time it may regrow from the base or from the stem.

if by June/ July time it hasnt grown it has likely gone to the bit compost heap in the sky

We have had too many mild winters that have lulled us into a false sense of security!! Now we've had a couple of proper winters and now realise that all the old gardening books are right about what is hardy!! Your Yucca comes under the not really hardy heading so it may or may not survive, sorry. You'll just have to wait and see.