United Arab Emirates Ae

Hello, my bourgainvillea leaves have yellow dots with red/brown edges. I'm not sure if this means I'm over/underwatering or whether this is a fungal infection. I've added a photo so you can see exactly what I mean. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

That looks as if water has splashed the leaves, or dropped onto them, while in very hot, full sunlight, and has burned those spots. Is that possible?

It's definitely possible, I hadn't thought of that. I was worried it was a disease or something so cut off all the leaves to stop it spreading. Possibly a bit of an over-reaction! Thanks for your help Bamboo

Well it may also be bacterial leaf spot, which is spread by water splash - for that you remove affected leaves and only water from below to prevent splash transmission - but it does look more like burning. Trouble is the photo's a bit blurry.

• Bourganvillea (bourganvillea)
  • Bougainvillea and Romeo's mum
  • Bougainvillea in Mdina, Malta.
  • Bougainvillea with Jacaranda in the background - a section of The Arbour - Southbank Parklands, Brisbane, Australia