By Jenny60

Last summer i had a weed that grew and grew in my borders, it took over the plants, and i could not gte rid of it, it was like a forget me not plant, and i looked it up as being a field forget me not, now its getting into spring time i am noticing it is coming back, please can you tell me what i can do to get rid of this horrible, weed it looks pretty at first but is a pain to control.
thank you

If it is a Forget-me-not then all you can do is pull it up and not let it flower. Don't worry, we have only been removing it from here for the last 14 years so there is still hope!

My only suggestion is to weed it out by hand or hoe it, Jenny. Interestingly, you can buy the seed from sellers of wild flowers. ;-) I have it in quantity too - I made the mistake of allowing a plant to set seed. Whoops!
If it's any consolation I find weeding out gorse seedlings is worse.

Snap Owdboggy!

Oh, I do agree - it's a nuisance. The one consolation is that it's easy to pull out.

Yes, they're very easily removed - if the plant you're talking about was actually Myosotis (forget me not) and not blue flowered comfrey... Did it have unpleasant to touch leaves?