By Presley

I have just bought a static caravan which comes with a small garden, I need ideas on planting which don't need much looking after when I'm not there. Its in Wales so it rains a lot! also the ground is very stony.

Hardy ( perennial ) geraniums are pretty tough, easy to manage and take very little looking after. There is a wide range of them to choose from .

Japanese anemones look after themselves and are useful in shade. Spring bulbs (plant in autumn), some perennial herbs like prostrate rosemary & thymes spring to mind. Polyanthus can be planted now for instant colour that should reappear next year.

And meant to add that for some small shrubs then dwarf viburnums and small hebes demand virtually no looking after .
And lavender. Needs a trim once a year after flowering. Lavender Munstead is a nice one.