The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

Swansea, Wales Wal

I have found some navy blue/ purple mould on the woody stems of an overgrown shrubby honeysuckle. I have cut most of it out, any idea of what this is please? Will it infect the plants around it? Thank you



Pity you didn't take a photograph to post on here first - navy blue/purple mould would have been interesting to see. Nothing springs to mind as to what it might be though, sorry. Possibly just mould that has grown during the very damp and mild weather we've been having - an overgrown, crowded plant with little airflow round its branches would be a perfect environment for it.

18 Jan, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?