North Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Has anybody got the winter hardy wintunia. I had a few in pots bought last spring so first season of exposure to cold but I was out of the country in Nov and Dec and not sure whether the pots were completely frozen. The leaves all died. Shall i just leave and see what happens in the spring or take the pots in to a cold frame?

As they've already been exposed to very harsh weather, probably not much point in removing them to a cold frame now. I'm afraid you will just have to wait and see whether they grow in spring or not - pity this winter was so harsh, think the jury's still out on their actual hardiness, be interested to know whether yours have made it through or not. If they can survive this winter, they'll survive anything...

My brother got some last year and he was told hardy down to -7. He lost his as it was a lot colder than that. He is in Sunderland very near the coast.
I agree with Bamboo, you will have to wait and see.

« will ipomoea climbers do well in pots