Hertfordshire, United Kingdom Gb

If you're not all that keen on Christmas pudding, or would just like a change, I've blogged a delicious chocolate and raspberry trifle - a great combination with added kirsch. Enjoy!

Yummy! :-)))

23 Dec, 2010

Sounds good, fortunately, I'm away this year, so don't need to make anything, hurrah! I do, though, like Christmas pudding - but it has to be a decent one, not your basic Peak Freen, horrid thing... I like the ones labelled 'luxury' which mention cherries and brandy on the front. Enjoy yourselves, whatever you're doing;-)

23 Dec, 2010

Thanks Bamboo. Hope you're not flying anywhere via Heathrow!! Have a great time.

23 Dec, 2010

Nope, off to Bristol - hoping to get there and back without too much trouble, but its going to be very cold there, even colder than here, and its brass monkeys here tonight...

23 Dec, 2010

Hopefully the motorways will be fine. Our son is planning to drive up from Cornwall on Saturday - he's got blue sky and sunshine now, whereas we've got 2 inches of frozen snow . . . he'll be OK till he gets to our road. :))

23 Dec, 2010

Yea, know what you mean, lol! Its solid pack ice round where our garages are, no fun getting out of there, but I'm going on the train from Paddington, not driving at all. Can't sit in a car that long with my old bones;-))

23 Dec, 2010

I definitely prefer the train if I'm going down to Falmouth, and it's a lovely journey . . . especially when you get past Exeter and go right along beside the sea at Dawlish. You'll have to stay on the train one day just for the view!

24 Dec, 2010

Just to let you know Sheilabub, I had a go at your trifle. I started off with practice run just making the chocolate part by halving the recipe. Even using skimmed UHT milk it was delicious and set well. So I went ahead and did the whole recipe. It was a great success with our delayed Christmas guests. You seem like a very 'proactive lady' with the gardening group and learning about design of garden plantings. Thanks for the recipe.

Many thanks for the comment, Dorjac; glad you all enjoyed the trifle.

« why are plant names written in italic?