By Dreams

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom Gb

my friend has a bush fuchsia called winston churchill could anyone tell me if it can be left out side in its pot or shall I tell my friend to cut it down and bring in for the winter

Fuchsia 'Winston Churchill' is nominally hardy, but my "rule of thumb" is that the fancier the flower, the less hardy the "hardy" fuchsia is. Your friend could take cuttings as insurance and leave the pot outside, wrapping the pot in bubble wrap to try to stop it freezing, which could kill the roots. Or bring it into shelter if it's available.
I'd go with the cuttings, wrap & leave it option, but there is a risk that the cuttings won't take and the big plant could peg out. But a new plant next year would be available from a garden centre if needed so it wouldn't be a total disaster.

Thank you Beattie I will see her this evening and I will pass on your message.

Have a good day

You're welcome Dreams - hope it comes through the winter OK.

Fuchsia Winston Churchill is not hardy here in Herts. I would suggest your friend brings it in to a frost-free place if possible.

thank you my friend has dug the fuchsia and just gave it to me to store for the winter charming do you not think when she has more room in her house than I but that is what friends are for so I was told......

Oh no! The responsibility!! :-(

ya could say that but I really think deep down she would like me to buy her another one... she is just cheeky that what she is

lol! :-)