West Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

Previous years' spring bulbs. I have several pots of daffodils and tulips which have been sleeping at the bottom of the garden since last Spring. Should these be fed now in preparation for next spring and if so, with what, please?

If they're staying in the pots, then they'll appreciate a change of compost (as if you were planting them afresh). They'll be fine then. Phil J

Feeding should have been done last spring when they were still in leaf, using half strength tomato feed.

Moongrower's right - the bulbs need feeding while they've still got leaves, which is when they're storing food in the bulb for next year's flowers.

Thank you all very much for these answers. I'll remember to apply the tomato feed next spring! Meanwhile I'll remove the top 3 ins or so of compost and renew. Can't face turning them all out and replanting! Too many other jobs to catch up on!