Surrey, United Kingdom Gb

please can anyone tell me what this plant is called and if I can leave it out in winter

I could be wrong but it looks like Impatiens - if it is, you'll either need to bring it in as a houseplant or it'll kick the bucket at the first suggestion of frost...

i agree bamboo, looks like a new guinea impatiens to me too.

no it isnt an impatiens. I grew this as a hanging basket plant and it isnt hardy. cant remember its name. I will go and look through my little book and see if i wrote it down..

I didnt write it down but I got them from wilkinsons last May.

It has opposite leaves, so it's not an Impatiens. It looks almost like one of the more outre species of Princess Flower (Tibouchina), but that's iffy.

Maybe a close kin of Tibouchina--Dissotis? But which species?

neither of those names ring any bells. I am so cross withmyself for not writing it down, though there should be a plant label somewhere. I'm off in the greenhouse to see if I can find it.

nope tidied it up obviously. not usually that organised.

Thankyou to all who replied I will post another picture that may be more help ann