Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom Gb

why will water move more quickly up the stem of a plant on a hot dry day than on a cool wet day

I suspect that this is another exam question - please read your text book!

Not rocket science either, pretty much common sense, the answer, even if you haven't read your resource materials. Assuming this is an exam question...

It certainly sounds like one, Bamboo, don't you think?

Any chance our guest from Aberdeenshire can enlarge as to the reason for this particular question ? My curiosity getting the better of me here. We did a daffodil Q & A last week but no follow-up so while you have a valid question it would be appreciated to have a little more back-ground info.

Guests can't respond, Bizzyb, so he/she would either have to join us, or ask another question!

research transpiration stream and factors that affect it ! Any standard AS biology textbook will explain.

Any student using an online forum to cheat is liable to be answered by almost anyone, and deserves what he or she gets!