Shropshire, United Kingdom Gb

I want to know where to buy and how to grow Onopordum acanthium; Cotton Thistle. This Thistle should have very large silvery grey leaves with a 'woolly' coating, can you confirm I've got the right thistle?
I have MS and the large leaves from this plant can be boiled in water, the water saved, then frozen in the form of ice cubes. The resulting ice cubes are very medicinal for my condition. Once melted and honey has been added, the drink helps with MS Spasms each morning. I used this thistle many years ago but have lost track of any leaves from this specimen.
Can you help and advise me please?

On plant Onopordum acanthium

Hallo Moonstar, I've just checked the RHS Plantfinder, and there are a number of suppliers including by mail order. Here's the address - copy and paste it and see where you can get your plant.

Good luck. I hope it helps you.

Thank you very much for your reply it is very helpful.

You're welcome. :-)

• Onopordum acanthium - Giant Scotch Thistle (Onopordum acanthium (Scotch thistle))
  • Thistle pollen (Onopordum acanthium (Scotch thistle))
  • Soon the Goldfinches will take over (Onopordum acanthium (Scotch thistle))
  • Wind Damage Yesterday (Onopordum acanthium (Scotch thistle))

« how do i prune a budliea