mimosa pudica growing conditions

milky

By Milky

can anyone help on feeding and caring for mimosa pudica

Answers

According to Dr Hessayon, it needs average warmth, no less that 60 degrees F. in winter. Bright light, some direct sushine helps it. Keep the compost moist at all times but reduce watering in the winter. Mist leaves regularly. No feeding is mentioned. Hope this helps.

HI Spritzhenry. It is funny, but acacia ( which is the mimosa ) flowers in winter and in winter where it flowers it always rains. So out the door goes that theory. I had a lovely acacia, see one of my last pictures. It probably depends where on earth the wattle grows. Now the pudica I see is purple, but I think it goes for all acacia's.

Hallo Marguerite - over here, Mimosa pudica 'the Sensitive Plant' is a smallish house plant! Don't treat yours differently on the strength of my advice above!!!!! I'd never forgive myself if anything drastic went wrong... :-(

http://www.gardenguides.com/88851-care-mimosa-plant.html

This site looks very helpful.