West Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

does anyone know a fushia called nicky's findling it is hardy i have had it in my garden for about 15 years it is single and orange i recently went to switzerland and i thought i saw it in a park in a formal garden it only grows about 15 inches and blooms well sonia

Its spelt 'Fuchsia 'Nicki's Findling' which might help you research it better? I dont think its hardy? But Hywel is the member to know?

Hi Sonia,

'Nicki's Findling' is a salmon and orange/red single - pic below:

and is only meant to be semi-hardy as best, so you've done very well to keep it in your garden for 15 years.

My experience is that many Fuchsias are actually far hardier than expected when given the chance!

Have found it at 'Clay Lane Nursery, South Nutfield, Nr Redhill Surrey. RH1 4EG

The Planttfinder lists 8 suppliers for it in the UK, 7 of whom do mailorder:

nickis findling has been growing in my garden for about 15 years i have taken 8 cuttings this year and i have planted them i do have a green house but do not heat it i lost some plants last year in the cold greenhouse so i think they are better of in the garden well they have got two chances their mum seems to be very happy not in a particulaly sheltered position either thankyou all for your comments sonia