moray, United Kingdom Gb

i was told you can get very small rhodendrons suitable for rockeries,is this true

Asked from the GoYpedia rhododendrons page

There's certainly a range of dwarf rhododendrons available, reaching about 60-100 cm in height. They're nearly all alpine varieties, so make sure you can provide the right conditions for them - google dwarf rhododendrons for more info.

There are even prostrate rhododendron species. Many of the general garden centers are unlikely to stock them but if you take a trip down to Glendoik Nursery, just outside Perth on the Dundee road, you will many varieties and species - and have an enjoyable day out.

thanks for the information,i will take a trip to the nursery in perth.

Have you tried any local nurseries like Foxlane at Westhill or the place at Daviot near Inverurie, they're really good.

I haven't heard of those, Donna, will have to look them up myself.

Sorry I don't know the name of the Daviot one, I just know how to get to it. If you take the Inverurie/Rothienorman (B9001) road heading towards Daviot, you can't miss it. Just had a look on Streetview on Google Maps and they don't have a sign :( it's easy to see it on there though.
Foxlane is between Westhill and the Carnie Roundabout on the B9119, they've recently relocated there.

i live in westhill will pay foxlane a visit havent been to the other one

• Rhododendron
  • Rhododendron Flowers Open
  • garden_17-4-_2010_006.jpg
  • rhododendron strawberry sundae again (rhododendron)