West Midlands, United Kingdom Gb

how can i turn my tomatoes red

On plant rob midlands

No please, no thank you ? ..... We're not robots we're members of the public who like their gardens and who can sometimes answer questions if it's something we've come up against ourselves.

Try hanging used banana skins on your plants or next to them, they give off a gas which helps rippen fruit, I use this method every year and have been growing tomatos for 15 years plus. Another trick is to romove most of the leaves so the light can get to the fruit as well. have a go you will be amazed.

thanks alot as a new gardener i need all the help i can get

And if they're not there already, the sunniest, warmest spot you can find. If you get to September and the weather's cold and horrible, and you have green tomatoes on the plant, you can pick them and put them on a sunny windowsill, or add a ripe tomato to them - they produce ethylene, which is a ripening chemical, and I assume that's what Avid Gardener's ripe bananas are doing too.

ok thanks

« why are my corgetts going mouldy