Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom Gb

ID needed.gets pink flowers springtime.Is it a flowering cherry? have added the trunk it gets no fruits

012 013

There supposed to be a pic with this, Scabious? Might be a cherry, might be an almond, they both have blossom in spring.

realised I hadnt posted the pic.....put it down to age

Looks like a flowering crabapple. Maybe a purple-leaf plum (Prunus cerasifera), but the leaves don't look quite right for that.

Could be a flowering plum, that - what's the bark like? And any fruits on it of any description?

just added pic of the trunk

could be Prunus Pissardii, look like that type of leaf to me..

Could be one of several Prunus actually. Ones with definite mid pink flowers and having purple summer foliage are Prunus x blireana and Prunus 'Spring Glow'. Prunus cerasifera 'Nigra' and Prunus 'Pissardii Nigra' are synonymous with each other and have off white flowers with a tinge of pale pink.

Thanks Fractal and has pink flowers so not the pissardii. At least I know now its a prunus.....