On holiday recently in northern Brittany I came across the shrub shown in the attached photo. Has anyone any idea what it is called please?

France_brittany0_2010_046 France_brittany0_2010_047

I don't know what it's called but it is gorgeous. Now I've commented on your question I can find out as well! Lol

I want to know too, that bush is fabulous. I hope the people who know everything don't assume this question's been answered now.

It's a Grevillea, probably G. rosmarinifolia or a hybrid thereof....the true identities/names/parentage of the hardy Grevillea's are somewhat mixed-up.

I saw this in a garden near where I live recently which was open to the public - I asked what it was, but the owner didn't know! I decided it was a Grevillea of some variety afterwards, so I'm glad to have it confirmed by Ilex here.

They are nice plants, and reasonably hardy too, considering they're native to Eastern Australia, although unfortunately ours was killed this last winter. Those needle-like leaves are really sharp by the way!

Very many thanks, especially to Ilex who I think has got it spot on with Grevillea Rosmarinifolia.