Aberdeenshire, Scotland Sco

I would really like to set up a raised veg bed in a bit of a 'dead space' between my conservatory and the fence. The veg bed would be roughly 3m x 1m. Problem is that it's NE facing, getting decent dappled sun all morning, then it gets the shade for a fair portion of the day. Will veg be ok there? What would I be able to grow? I don't really want to put it anywhere else, in the full sun where I could grow beautiful flowers!
Other option would be to gravel the area and put in some shrubs, but I'd much rather use it productively :)
Any help and suggestions would be great.

There are very few vegetables which grow in shade. The following crops will produce with three to six hours of sun, or fairly constant dappled shade, per day.

Salad Greens, such as leaf lettuce, rocket, endive, and cress.
Brussels Sprouts
Swiss Chard
Leafy Greens, such as collards, mustard greens, spinach, and kale

I feel for you as our whole garden in the UK was overshadowed. Now in France we have a south facing slope with unbroken sunshine (so everything gets baked!)

Thanks so much for the advice! That sounds like just the kind of thing I was going to try and start with.
At least putting the veg patch there won't be a complete disaster, in time I can just try other things to see if I can have any success.

will pampas Grass grow in shade »