I have a green climbing plant that has an orange flower which turns into a sort of green fruit

By Haley

West Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

I have a green climbing plant that has an orange flower which turns into a sort of green round hard fruit. Does anyone know what this could be?.... Thanks for your help, here are some pictures..

Dsc02366 Dsc02367 Dsc02368

Photo would be useful.

Hi Haley,

Eccremocarpus, Campsis, Thunbergia possibly even Lonicera might fit that description....if you can't supply a pic then a description of the shape of the flowers and the leaves would help a lot.

I thought nasturiums.

Seaburn - you're right, Nasturtium is actually the most obvious....

the photo is a japanese quince or chamenomeles [spelling?]japonica though technically not a climber but more of a wall trained plant

Chaenomeles it is, indeed....

Thank you everyone for your help to identify this plant. I must say it was already well established when I moved into this house and it's a bit of nightmare! It grows wildly, so I have to keep cutting it back. If I don't keep it under control it can look very messing, which is why I'm treating it more like a climber. There are new shots coming up all around the plant, it seems to love all weathers, even a lack of water. One good thing about it is that the Bees love it!

I wouldn't chop it too much, Haley - it flowers on last year's growth but do take out the suckers/new shoots round the main stem if you don't want it to take over the whole garden!! Lovely colour, I've got the darker one and a white one.

Thanks for that Hazeyboo!