Lancashire, United Kingdom Gb

Hi. My mint has a white fuzz on it's leaves. Is this powdery mildew? Is the solution equal parts or water and milk?
Also, there are white track marks on the leaves also. Any ideas?

Trentham_008 Trentham_009

Track marks are a leaf miner of some kind -just nip off the affected leaves. The powdery deposits are mildew, as you suspected - as far as I'm aware, water or milk make no impact on mildew, you will need to treat with a fungicide which is appropriate for use on food plants, although someone else may know of another solution.

First is Powdery Mildew a parasitic fungus. The second is a leaf miner one of several potential insect groups cause these (flies, beetles, wasps and moths). My bet is that this one is a fly.

wowzers. that was such a quick reply! Thank you so much. I am kind of new to gardening and I live in the city centre so have only small bits of space but love what I've achieved so far.

If i go to the garden centre do I just look for a fungicide which says 'mildew' on it?

Thanks again

Yes BUT read it carefully - you don't want anything that says "systemic" on the label, and make sure the instructions don't say "DO NOT USE ON EDIBLE PLANTS" or not suitable for food crops. some can be used on edibles, but you mustn't crop or use the leaves for a period of time, which will also be info contained on the label.

brilliant thanks. Also I picked up the flower on my profile picture at Trentham Gardens today in the bargain bin for £1.99 but I have no idea what it is. Do you know at all? The flowers have a texture like crushed velvet.

Looks like Impatiens balsamina

Have had a closer look, but can't see it clearly because the pic's so small - also the leaves can't be seen. A larger photo would be good (avatar ones are usually pretty small) and one closer up and one further away too. How tall is it?

do i just add photos to my profile on here to make them bigger? It's about 35cm tall at the moment. Thank you so much again for your help both of you.

added them. thanks again if you can help

Had a look - I'm not sure what it is, but if Fractal says Impatiens balsamina (I decided under your pic it was possibly some kind of Impatiens) then that's what it is.

Its probubli EBOLA un yor levas. yo shud col sum 1 abot ite.

How do we kill horses tail weeds? »