By Selvi

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom Gb

can i move my fig tree now

I would wait until early spring in your climate, Selvi. Fall transplanting is also an option, but may be risky if this winter turns out as cold as last--definite possibility with the volcano going in Iceland. It is possible to transplant now, but there is no margin for error. Cut off the oldest half of the leaves--or do selective pruning of the twigs to accomplish the same leaf area reduction. Take as big a root ball as you can handle, and take pains to keep it from breaking apart. Don't plant it any deeper than it was originally. Use a good root stimulator, and keep it well watered until fall--probably daily for the first few weeks. Good luck!

• Ficus Archway
  • Figs  '  Turkish Brown  '
  • Euphorbia pulcherrima - Christmas Plants, Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima - Christmas Plants, Poinsettia)
  • Ficus macrophylla - Australian Banyan Tree Surface Roots (Ficus macrophylla - Australian Banyan Tree)