West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

when is the right time to cut back a courier?
when is the right time to cut back a ceonthus?
i have just scarified my lawns and treated with an evergreen 4 in 1-what can i do with the bare patches that are left?

Depends on the variety of Ceanothus, but if its spring flowering, a trim over after the flowers are finished.
The bare patches on your lawn will have to remain bare for the time being, because you have applied chemicals in the form of Evergreen - you will need to wait six weeks before seeding any bare areas.
As for the "courier", I have no idea what that might be, try as I might - I just keep seeing an image of a leatherclad man on a bike delivering packages....

thanks bamboo-the ceanothus is about 5ft high by 3 ft wide blue flowers appeared about 2-3 wks regards the bare patches what would you advise after the evergreen has been on for 6 wks?

you need to find out why the bare patches are there, is it dogs, chafer, cranefly, ect ect.

LOL Bamboo !

Well, I can't help it, Louise (sigh...)!
You haven't mentioned what a courier is, Barwick...
As I said, seed any bare patches still present 6 weeks after you put the Evergreen treatment down.
Stevebuk: think the bare patches are probably a result of recent scarifying.

« when can I lift allium bulbs?