London, United Kingdom Gb

Daphne - Tangutica - dwarf shrub. I bought this shrub about one month ago. I wanted to see more Daphne but the garden centre in question didn't have many shrubs. How high can this one grow please and how often should I water and feed it to give it a good chance of growth?

On plant Daphne odora

Daphne tangutica's mature height is about 2 and a half to three feet max - prefers light shade, well drained soil, but doesn't like to dry out, so if in a pot, water when the compost is just starting to dry, and don't leave it standing in a drip tray of water for longer than half an hour. Topdress with Growmore in Spring, raked in around the roots, but gently - they don't like root disturbance and hate being moved, so pick your spot carefully if putting in the ground.

• First flowers on Daphne. (Daphne odora)
  • Daphne Rebecca and Tete a Tete... (Daphne odora (Daphne) Rebecca..)
  • Daphne odora 'Limelight' (Daphne odora 'Limelight')
  • Daphne odora Rebecca.......scented shrub... (Daphne odora (Daphne) Rebecca..)