By Janpled

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom Gb

Last year the tomatoes I grew in the greenhouse did not crop nearly as well as those I grew outside, - same variety. Do I have to pollinate the indoor tomatoes or assume enough insects will enter and do it for me? I leave the greenhouse door open in the summer for easy insect access.

make sure that you keep the air moist in hot weather by damping down the floor / misting the plants in a morning also you can try gently tapping the flower trusses ( I find by the time i've pinched out the side shoots etc, its enough)

thanks Pamq I will keep the greenhouse damp this year, though I have always watered the plants lots.

only if its hot-- when the plants are shady I spray them over and it helps pollination but don't do it just before you shut them up for the night or if its cool/ overcast or rainy as you could encourage botritis

« where to plant dierams and their care