By Titchy

Dorset, United Kingdom Gb

Is it possible to identify these up coming bulbs - I am wondering if they could be the Zephyranthes I had and I am missing

No, I don't think so. They look like Gladiolus, probably one of the small species types such as byzantinus.

zephyranthes have two leaves that look like daffodil leaves as they emerge.

Thanks anyway to both of you - will just have to wait, I'll let you know - I do know they are not Gladiolis. Hope it will be a nice surprise.

They certainly look like something from the family Iridaceae so if not Gladiolus, I'm guessing something close to them.

are they the white aciderantha[spelling]

Seaburngirl I think you are absolutely correct. i did have some Acidanthera Murielae left so I will deffinately let you know. I spelled the name of the plants correct only because I have the name in front of me, but the word I never spell correctly is deffinately. I'll always be foreign although been here 45 years. And must add - I love it!

So close then :-)

I am having second thoughts, just realised I put some Acidantheras in my bottom tier, and they are totally different from these, so hopefully it will be a lovely surprise - eventually

Seaburngirl and Fractal: Here it comes. They are Schizostylis coccina "Jennifer". One of my friends who originally gave the bulbs to me told me on the phone this evening what they are. So she put me out my misery, and I cant wait till they flower as they are so dainty and beautiful