By Grandad

Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom Gb

Can anyone tell me why my Rhododendron is not flowering properly? Buds opened but have stayed like this for 2 weeks. Only one has flowered , went limp and died off and that was two weeks ago.Looks healthy

Hard to say for certain but dryness at the roots might be to blame.

I think a lot of them have been like this,this year.Mine is the same but the buds were limp and starting to go brown.I took them all off this morning and will give it a sequestrine feed to hopefully get a better show next year.
I suspect it's the extremes of temperature that we've had as so many are affected.
Yours may open out yet :)

What i can't understand is the buds have been like that for two weeks 19th May when i took first photo only one had opened fully when i took it. Just seem buds are frozen like that

Thanks for your comments, will wait a little longer, see what happens

We had a frost after a spell of warmer weather after the buds had started to open,that may have halted them.