Northamptonshire, United Kingdom Gb

What's the best way to treat rust on roses? Have cut off the most badly affected leaves and I think it also has a touch of blackspot. Is there anyway of treating rust without using a fungicide? I managed to control the blackspot last year by spraying with a milk mixture, but this year im cursed with both. Thanks in advance

Roseclear 3 - its not organic, but it works.

Pick up all fallen leaves at the end of the season so as to practice good garden hygeine, as these bear the disease. I also use a soil sterilant, Armilatox. And apply a mulch in March, which will also help to break the cycle of the diseases. And then a fortnightly spray too like Bamboo says. Prevention is more the approach rather than treatment, as once it has developed on the leaves it can only worsen, and then can't reverse.

Thankyou, bought some Roseclear 3 today......just need it to stop raining now so i can use it!

« ivy does it kill plant and trees