By Nick1

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom Gb

I'm looking for a good ground covering plant that I can grow from seed. something with a bit of colour that stays quite low. any suggestions/

nasturtium, alyssum, iberis, aubretia (won't flower til next spring), creeping phlox, campanulas, pinks, limnanthes douglasii (poached egg plants), escholtzia, there must be lots more

any of the lamium[dead nettles], snow in summer too some of the saxifrages are good too.

cheers. really like the look of creeping phlox! is this the right time of year to sow this??

could you point me in the right direction for some creeping phlox seeds on line? or is it best to try the garden centre?

Hello Nick,
Looks like there are loads of seeds, creeping phlox on the Suttons website. Very tempting but I've just received an order from them - sweet peas etc - so I'd better behave myself!
On the other hand if you'd like to swap a few spares of those for some mixed veg seeds, please PM me!

Thanks, Weeding

I've seen Aubrieta seeds on offer, too, Nick. Thompson & Morgan, I think.

« leaves are brown andeasily fall off