By Janey

Lincolnshire, England Eng

Could anyone tell me please the name of this shrub?
The bees love the tiny flowers, though the beauty is mainly in the bright green horizontal growth. It is evergreen and about 4ftX4ft now.

Looks like Lonicera pileata

Thanks Bamboo......

Tis a Lonicera. 99% sure it's called a fly bush, grows to 10ft. looks same as one i have. I cut it right down and tried to kill it last year but it's growing back

Mine is trying to take over, was here in the garden when we came, and the last couple of years I've thinned it out, but now it is spreading outwards so fast...think I may prune it again today....thing is I like it in the winter for some colour............

Mine was also spreading outwards was starting to block entrance through archway leading to back of garden

Thats no good Grandad........ I;ve given mine a real good haircut. Found some lawn underneath where it had encroached about 2ft! Next to it is a Flowering Currant which i took the loppers to too...if you understand..a few toos in! The whole area looks so much better and both shrubs had layered there is a nice bit of space and more light........"just right for my chicken shed!" Ian said when he came home...:o(((