By Skeets

California, United States Us

I need a colorful perennial for usda zone 8 that can take part shade, but hot afternoon sun in Sacramento, California. Am looking for easy-care, and around 3' tall, that blooms at least 3 months. Suggestions?

Phygelius rectus - there are different varieties with different coloured flowers, but African Queen is probably the most hardy, but can be a little invasive. the other colours (yellow, pink) aren't so inclined to be invasive. Copes well with hot sun here, but then our sun is nowhere near as hot as yours!

thanks Bamboo, I love thse plants. I'm not sure it will work for the spot I mentioned, but I will find a place to try it out. It's so great to learn about new plants; honestly I'd not known about these beauties!! Yes it gets hot here in the central valley (Sacramento California) and I do mean hot summers-sometimes 110 degrees at it's awful worst.