By Howee74

I put Orontium Aquaticum "Golden Club" in the pond last summer, two small plants at a depth of about 10cm. They dont seem to be doing anything, have i got the depth wrong?

Howee74 sorry I havent got a clue. But I was wondering if you could help me. I have a brand new pond.(Used an old tin bath). I have no plants in it. What do you suggest I put init? I don't want to go and buy the wrong plants

my book says Deciduous perennial, deep water plant or less suitably marginal water plant.
in which case i think it needs to go deeper.
it flowers in spring.
hope that helps.

thanks guys - plantmaiden, i have a book that says that also, but then books that say the opposite! It was getting mangled by snails also so i've put some protection around it to see how it goes.
Great, i'm not an expert, i'm still trying to get mine to look right. You need some oxygenators for the water quality, and i never have any problems with flag iris, water lilies and marsh marigold

Thank you Howee