Weakly coloured pale tulips. What is the cause? These are some of the 'Parrot' types. All of the rest of my tulips have been fine, but these have come up disappointingly.

I think these are absolutely stunning, love them - were they not supposed to be this colour then, Jonathan?

The form is good, but I seem to remember in the catalogue that they were colour-full. I feel they are a lot more pale than they should be. So yes, I am thinking there is something wrong. (Is that 'Ipomoea' in your main picure)?

Ah, well, if you saw them in a catalogue, that's not surprising - they always mess about with the colours of things so you think they're brighter or more vivid than they actually are. What are these ones called? And no, it's not - its convulvulus

This one is Parrot Libtretto, bought from

I have seen these before and they are about right for colour Jonathan.
I think they are gorgeous, very subtle.

Been and had a look at several pictures of this - yours is different in that the colours aren't so noticeable, but only marginally, and in fact, what I like very much about these is the very delicate colouring, not so much the form. I prefer the result you've got there to the pictures I've seen of it, in fact - looking at the pics would put me off buying it, but seeing yours means I'm tempted!

So they are normal! Thank you very much for solving that for me. Perhaps I'll grow to like them.

Everyone's different, Jonathan - if you really don't like them, send them to me, lol

or to me I love them too.

« What soil is good for Akebia quinata?

how to car for lavatera rosea »