Leicestershire, United Kingdom Gb

Hi everyone, I have been given an Exochorda 'The Bride' - its a lovely plant, but I can't decide what other plants to put it with. Do I plant it with other spring flowers, of the same colour or contrasting- I'm going round in circles, please help!

I'd say contrasting. It's white flowered, as you probably know, and if you possibly can, plant it on a bank, slope, or in a wall so that it 'drapes' over to the best effect.

It's coming into bloom now, I expect - so try underplanting it with forget-me-nots and pretty purple violas for a lovely spring display.

You could also go and have a browse at your local Garden Centre for ideas of what's in flower now - but don't plant out summer bedding yet!

Thanks Spritzhenry, the violas sound a nice idea and I do have lots of forget-me-nots so I'll see if that might work somewhere.