I have a cordyline that is about 12' tall. It has several additional one growing from the base 1 a bit higher. I would guess they are aout 2-3 ' tall. My friend is landscaping a large garden & we wondered if it would be possible to dig out these off shoots? Please advise, Many thanks Jane Wild (Dorset)

You can remove the one from the main stem just by trimming it off, but if you want to grow the offshoots on separately, you will need some root with them, so dig around the base a bit and try to get some root with the smaller plants growing at the base.

it would be better when they are dorement next winter very early spring .

No, it'll be best to do it now, Summersun, sorry Nosey - the reason is the plantlets are more likely to grow on vigorously at this time of year than when they're dormant.

i would of just thaught a bit earlier like most plants just before the surge of life but i guess theres always an exception to a rule.