Berkshire, United Kingdom Gb

I had a gardener come around in late autumn to do some clearing in my garden. I had 4 out of control buddleia's in the garden which he cut back to about 2-3 inches from the ground telling me they would grow back beautifully this year. As yet they show no signs of growing at all - has he killed them? Is there anything I can do?

I would say the correct procedure, should have been to reduce them by 1/3 when he cut them, mainly to stop wind damage and then to have cut them right back in early spring.
I would still give them some time to show signs of life as it has been a long cold winter. Hopefully he has'nt killed them!

Tiger's right with the pruning regime - that's what should be done. Let's hope they recover, but they might not - unfortunate we had such a hard winter after he cut them down too much at the wrong time of year.

« how to make a small size polytunnel