Wirral, Merseyside, United Kingdom Gb

Make your own weeping hose! I'm keen to set up a hose, punctured in strategic places, so that I can turn it on in the mornings and water the garden almost automatically - leaving me to do the containers and hanging baskets only. I know you can buy hoses specifically for this task but they seem expensive. Has anyone ever tried using a cheap hose, planning where you want holes? I suppose the issue will be keeping the water pressure high enough at the end of the hose?

I bought two "leaking hoses" already with holes in the local pound shop... probably about ten feet long each one, but a bit of a bore connecting up each one to use. Not as good as the proper "leaky pipe" blackish grey fibrous one used in proper landscaping though, but does a reasonable job.

Cool. I've just done some searching and found a couple of links:

I'll probably need a good 80m worth of hosepipe - any tips on keeping the pressure up? Maybe smaller holes at the start of the hose?

Phew, bit scientific for me, I'm afraid, no idea - I wouldn't have a problem here I don't think, all the water's straight off the mains and is pretty high pressure anyway.

If you plug the far end of the hose then the water will have to come out of the holes.

Good point, Bulbaholic - the ones I bought are stopped at one end and I should perhaps have pointed that out, lol