By Scs119

Am currently looking at buying a house and am unsure of the slope of the garden. The plans show it has an 8% slope. Is this very steep or is it an amount that is easy to work with? We have children and would like to put our current climbing frame into the garden. Thank you for any advice!

That means it rises 8 metre/feet every 100 metre/feet (check which with developer), which is noticeable but mild enough to flatten out sections for a climbingframe.

A south facing sloping garden will warm up and produce better plants than a north facing one. Also best if the slope is away from your house and no towards it for drainage issues.

Haven't you been to look at it? That will give you a better idea.

It is not steep. If it is 100ft long one part of the slope will be 8ft lower than the other, 50ft long, 4 ft lower etc. You do not want it north facing as north facing slopes are 2-3 weeks behind all the time in terms of soil temperature and shade.

• My front garden this week ...
  • My front garden in July 2010.
  • Last summer
  • My son's first effort!!