Surrey, United Kingdom Gb

I'd like to plant a mix of ferns (preferably evergreen) in a shady, dry site at the foot of a small tree. Can anyone suggest some ferns that might like these conditions?

log in to, and download their brochure, or www., you can see them learn about them and chose for yourself, hope this will be heapfull

29 Dec, 2009

Hi Chasecraft I have a few ferns in and around the large beech tree in my garden. have a browse through my plant profile and see what i grow. Some are evergreen like the aspleniniums.

29 Dec, 2009

Thanks for the info guys - I'm looking forward to planting the bed.

30 Dec, 2009

Blechnums will also tolerate dry shade, especially B.spicant

30 Dec, 2009

I have 6 different ferns. I have no idea of their names. I picked them up at carboot sales and charity shops but they are all lovely plants and do well in a dry shady area of my garden. I usually leave the old foliage on until the fresh begins to show in spring and then cut it off. I don't know whether this is the right way with ferns but they have thrived for a number of years.

• Ferns in the Loft
  • Underplanting, for Sanbaz..
  • Fern Dropteris Wallichiana
  • A garden flower photo