help my poor daphne!

By Redhead

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom Gb

I have a lovely daphne at the front of my house. we have been doing some work on our driveway and someone has has damaged it. and two of the stems from main branch have split but not completly broken.Now i have duck taped them to bring them togetherto see if they will bond again. I fear if i sever them it will shock and damage the plant. One stem quite a big one broke off completley I have standing in some water does anyone out there know if it can be saved. If so what is the best way to plant it [ do i just stick it in the ground and hope for the best!!! I live in oxfordshire clay soil.

If its not been off the plant too long, you could try reattaching it with duck tape and a stick as a splint, that sometimes works.

Best of luck with the tape, mulch up round the whole plant with compost. With the piece you have in water, take a hardwood cutting or cuttings, put in a pot of loamy compost, cover with a plastic bag. Keep it in a warm place if you have no propogating case.