Hi, can u please tell me what bulbs are native or growen in japanese gardens

somerset, United Kingdom Gb

I'm looking for some bulbs for my japanese garden

The genus of bulbs that I think of straight away are in Lilium. I would have to check to see which species are native though. Fritillaria which is only separated by a small technical detail in the stamen from Lilium is another strong candidate.

I will look into it.

Lillium lancifolium [ the tiger lillies.
also lillium speciosum and auratum.

oops-sory fractal-we postat same itme.

Eight species (one recently discovered) of Fritillaria native to Japan. May be hard to get though.

Lilium has several too with probably the most widely available species, Lilium longiflorum (Easter Lily) being one of the best known. Lilium auratum (Yama-yuri) is another possibility.

Only bulbs? I always associate Japanese gardens with "Acers", I really think they make it! Others I associate with is an "Azalea", a "Tricyrtis - Toad Lily" and as above "Lilium"

Plant them sparsely as Japanese gardens are mostly green shapes and form (this is probably the reason that I don't have one!)

I totally agree Volunteer...I love to LOOK at Japanese gardens - they are SO peaceful and calming..and look so easy to keep. Personally - they don't suit my style at all...too much of a plantaholic me!!